Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I didn't mean to do this.

Initially, I signed in just to leave a comment on someone's blog. I had no intention of starting one of my own. Now, a few hours later, I find myself sitting with a blank blog, wondering why I followed through with all of the registration and the like. I even gave it a name, "The Inbetween Time." It sounds po-mo cool, and I'm guessing it'd make a good name for some emergent church somewhere.

Anyway, we'll see how often this gets updated. Expect spurts, rambles, links to weird news stories, attempted fiction, pictures, haituses (sp?), theology, heresy, and a mixing of all of the above.

Since I don't have much else listed, a bit about me: I live in the Twin Cities of Minnesota, although I used to live in Iowa, Mankato, Alaska, and near Worthington for a short time. I work overnight for The Skylight Satellite Network, which is a part of Northwestern College and Radio, along with KTIS. I've worked in radio in one way or another, since I graduated from college, so it's kind of nice being able to work in a field you've had interest in for almost 20 years. Radio was my big hobby for years, and it still is, but thanks to big city electrical interference, it's been supplemented by other hopelessly nerdy things like computers and stuff like that. Fortunately, I've been getting out this summer to local parks and nature centers to bike and hike, so at least I'm trying to break a few stereotypes.

I grew up in a Covenant Church, moved to a Reformed Church, went to a "non-denominational" (read: traditionally Baptist, but ecumenical) College, worked with a Lutheran-run radio station, and now usually go to a non-denominational (read: contemporary slightly-but-not-really-charismatic) church, except when I visit an Orthodox Presbyterian Church. Confused? So am I, which is part of the fun.

Well, let's see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home