Thursday, December 08, 2005

The first in the Chronicles of Narnia movies is coming out this weekend, and people are already talking about what other CS Lewis books should come to the big screen.

This isn't what I expected to hear:

Baehr also notes that top Hollywood producers are starting work on C.S. Lewis's "The Great Divorce,'' a fantasy about the dead being given a last chance to choose heaven over eternal exile.
That's Ted Baehr from the semi-infamous MovieGuide. I haven't seen any other reports of this, other than this AP interview. If I see something more official, I'll try and update this.

Still, "The Great Divorce"? As a Hollywood movie? Maybe as an arthouse flick, but I can't imagine a movie with this much philosophy and theology would be a hit at any movie theater. I'm sure the prospect of "The Great Divorce" happy meals and plush toys may not be there, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home