Friday, October 06, 2006

The story of the shooting in the Amish communities are showing a lot of people the world of the Amish - a world that we possibly know only through jokes and cultural stereotypes.

Still, the story of the Amish community that suffered these deaths is one that I can't get out of my head.

After Monday's killings, the grandfather of one of the slain girls went to the home of Roberts's father, consoling and hugging him, pouring forth a love and innocence of the kind remembered of the girls in the school. "He extended the hope of forgiveness that we all need these days," said a Roberts family spokesman, the Rev. Dwight Lefever of Living Faith Church of God. "'God met us in that kitchen."
- Yahoo News

The oldest of the five Amish girls shot dead in a Pennsylvania schoolhouse is said to have stepped forward and asked her killer to "Shoot me first," in an apparent effort to buy time for her schoolmates.
- ABC

I guess I'll just make a suggestion and ask that you read all about this, and read about the Amish response. I know that there are criticisms of the Amish way of life that other Christians have. I'm guessing a few of them are quite valid. However, in this case they're all fading out. Right now, all I can see is Christ in these people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home