Sunday, January 29, 2006

The end of civilization has happened too many times already for me too add on. Still, if I were to add some evidence, this would be the first place I'd look:

Bling H2O, of Beverly Hills, is the inspiration of Kevin G. Boyd, a Hollywood writer-producer. While working on various studio lots where image is, well, everything, he noticed that you could tell a lot about a person by the bottled water he/she carried.

Bling Water. No, really. It's Bling Water.
Here's the fun part:
His mission was to offer a product with an exquisite face, to match the exquisite taste of his target customer...and at $38.00 a bottle, that target customer shops on Rodeo Drive. The product is strategically positioned to target the expanding super-luxury consumer market.
So, $40 for a bottle of water, simply for the status of having a $40 bottle of water. I guess my re-used Diet Coke bottle is going to look rather passé.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

At the least, you'd be able to sell your $900 stroller and pay for more schooling :)

It's good to know there's a backlash going on against some of this stuff. I remember the good old days when "spoiling a kid" meant giving him two cookies instead of one after lunch.

Still, I guess it never hurts to be in perspective. Someone always will have more money than me, and I'll always have more money than someone else. To some, disposable diapers are a sign of having too much money and not enough patience. Still, at least plastic is pratical. I was raised on cloth, which is probably too much information for anyone right now. Sorry.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home